Monday, May 10, 2010

a new husband...

I thought I would be happy.

At first it was so wonderful, everything was perfect. He loved me and lived to please me. He gave me everything I wanted, all of my desires he fulfilled! So of course I married him, he was the one!

or so I thought...

It wasn't to long till he started refusing me what he gave me before. I lusted for so many things and even more now that we were married but he refused. And suddenly, the consequences for the things I'd done before were all becoming apparent. The regret and the guilt began to sink in, the more this happened the more passionately I desired and the more I desired the more he refused. The pain and hurt and lack of relief began to pile up.

But then He came along. He truly was perfect. And I don't mean perfect for me, I mean spotless, blameless; He was Truth itself. He told me because He was perfect He could die for me so that I would no longer be bound in marriage to the one I was married too. For when a woman dies, her husband is no longer bound to her and may find a new wife; nor is she bound to him so this Stranger would die for me. So that I could live and chose again.

I couldn't believe it, there must be a catch. My own husband wouldn't do this for me why would you do this?

because I love you.

What?

I Love You. Not because you deserve it, but because I'm perfect.

And so He did it. He didn't even wait for me to except the offer. No, He just went and died that I would have a new life. Unbound from my old husband, he began his alluring tricks again. He acted even sweeter than before and I was almost tempted to return to him... But I couldn't ignore Him. He, the one that died for me. He was wonderful to me. How could I ignore such a love? How could I not want to be joined with a love so deep and so complex that I could not even understand it fully?

"But I have trusted in Your faithful love; my heart will rejoice in Your Deliverance" (Psalm 13:5)

"Therefore, my brothers, you also were put to death in relation to the law through the body of the Messiah, so that you may belong to another-to Him who was raised from the dead-that we may bear fruit for God. For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions operated through the law in every part of us and bear fruit for death. But now we have been released from the law, since we have died to what held us, so that we may serve in a new way of the Spirit and not in the old letter of the law." (Romans 7:4-6)

As women are submissive to their husbands and as they belong to them, so do we submit to sin or become slaves to our Savior.

No comments: