
Well, I have so much to blog about its not funny... so lemme go back and talk about graduation...
The whole graduation affair started on like Thursday. We were all rushing around setting things up, cleaning things up, putting things up. I think between me and Mama we went to Walmart about 23 times. There was so much to get and do for the party. Family started coming in town Thursday. I feel like I hardly saw them at all though cause I was working on the decorations when they got there, and then around 9:00pm Daddy had me make a 'quick run' for another boston butt to smoke that night, two grocery stores and an hour later I made it back home to work on another decoration-related project...
Friday was kinda sureal, I don't remember a whole lot. Just that my other set of grandparents came in town followed by my aunt and cousin on Daddy's side (Mama's parents, sister, sister's husband and sister's daughter all came in Thursday). There was more hussle and more work being done. Everyone helped set up tables and cook food for Saturday.
Saturday was wonderful. Woke up early, got a shower, curled my hair then set off for the church... Josh was there when I got there. <3>Then a girl named Kathy went... Then it was my turn... There I was, a Graduate. That moment use to seem so far away, and now that its past its kinda crazy to think about the future... it seems like Nashville, marriage, a job, children... they all seem so far away, but I guess really they are just around the corner.
That night's party was also a hit; out of the 80+ people who came about a 1/3 were Mama and Daddy's friends, about a 1/3 mine and maybe 1/3 kids. It turned out to be quite wonderful. My love was there with me the whole time, however, we managed somehow not to get hardly any pictures together... lol only this one...
After the party, DJ, Heidi, Sarah, Kayla, and Josh and I guess a few other people (including my extended family) stayed and helped clean up and such... after that, Aaron and Chelsea Rutledge surprised Josh and I by taking us to get ice cream :)
Such a wonderful way to end the day... I thought as I sat in the back of their car next to my dear Love... Right then and there I was so satisfied and tired I could have just fallen alseep in that moment and not awakened for a few days. But the moment moved on...
We came back to the house, I said goodnight to Josh and soon found myself seeking refuge in my bed sheets....
The whole graduation affair started on like Thursday. We were all rushing around setting things up, cleaning things up, putting things up. I think between me and Mama we went to Walmart about 23 times. There was so much to get and do for the party. Family started coming in town Thursday. I feel like I hardly saw them at all though cause I was working on the decorations when they got there, and then around 9:00pm Daddy had me make a 'quick run' for another boston butt to smoke that night, two grocery stores and an hour later I made it back home to work on another decoration-related project...
Friday was kinda sureal, I don't remember a whole lot. Just that my other set of grandparents came in town followed by my aunt and cousin on Daddy's side (Mama's parents, sister, sister's husband and sister's daughter all came in Thursday). There was more hussle and more work being done. Everyone helped set up tables and cook food for Saturday.
Saturday was wonderful. Woke up early, got a shower, curled my hair then set off for the church... Josh was there when I got there. <3>Then a girl named Kathy went... Then it was my turn... There I was, a Graduate. That moment use to seem so far away, and now that its past its kinda crazy to think about the future... it seems like Nashville, marriage, a job, children... they all seem so far away, but I guess really they are just around the corner.
Such a wonderful way to end the day... I thought as I sat in the back of their car next to my dear Love... Right then and there I was so satisfied and tired I could have just fallen alseep in that moment and not awakened for a few days. But the moment moved on...
We came back to the house, I said goodnight to Josh and soon found myself seeking refuge in my bed sheets....

No comments:
Post a Comment