Wednesday, May 26, 2010

a devo...

I was reading Romans today, and I was all excited because chapter 12 talks about the body of Christ which is what I wanted to blog about today because I wanted to blog about our Spring Jamaica Missions Training Camping Trip that happened last weekend... but God had a little bit different dialog to have with me this morning...

Romans 12:9 "Love must be without hypocrisy."

Okay, so I can't be a hypocrite and claim to have good love...

you can't love my children (365 students) while being a hypocrite, yes.

So how do I show them love from that stage?

you could start by just praying for them...

God, You know the distraught, the pain, the heart ache, the desperation of every kid that will come to 365 tonight. You know the contents of the day for each of them, you know all the struggles that they will each face even today... God I'm not asking for you to add to they're pain by no means, but Lord, prepare their hearts. Bring them to a place where they know they need you, or maybe they've given up on all the other 'satisfiers' and have no other place than You to turn too... God, Please let your Holy Spirit convict them, for only your spirit does the work of changing a person. We can't do it. We just present your Word.

God, what is my place in this process of helping change happen? I'm not the preacher, and I'm not the Holy Spirit. I can't conjure up Your Spirit, I can hype up the crowd sometimes but that isn't connecting them with You... As a worship leader, a good description of my job might be a unifier of the body of Christ, leading in cohesive, unified worship of our Savior. But your 'body of believers' in 365 is very small... Most do not love you. Most don't care. So what are my responsibilities to them?

you display My Glory and Faithfulness...lead by My Spirit which also causes the change in their hearts.

Then let me be lead by your Spirit. Open my eyes and heart to what He is saying. Let me feel him and move with him, not against him. So that you're purposes will be accomplished.

No comments: