Saturday, March 28, 2009

Benefit Concert

Last Friday night The Penitent Call (my fine arts worship team) opened up David's Project 127 Benefit Concert. It was pretty awesome.

There were two other bands that followed us... 100%; they were like this really sick rap group. I don't really care for rap/hip-hop stuff but their hearts for God were so sweet and beautiful and you could so tell they were so sincere in they're walk with Christ. And they had some really good lyrics to their tunes.

Writing Home followed 100%. They were pretty much a Christian rock group. I don't know all the details but I'm pretty sure they do the music for the Youth Shack at Kingsway Baptist (which was where the concert was). They were pretty good, my faves were the last two songs they did. The second to the last song was called Wonderfully Made and they had 100% come back up and do this one with them. It was really cool, it had kinda a Jesus Freak thing jumpin' off; it was definitely a rock song but it had rap in it. And then the last song David got back up there with them and totally shredded some cello solos. I can't remember the name of that song but with David on the cello... it was amazing.

It was all really fun and we raised over $600 for Project 127 who will in turn be using that money to feed kids in Guatemala. Not a bad way to spend a Friday night, eh?